Friends of Hue switch
Friends of Hue
The new freedom of lighting control
- Smart light switch for switching/dimming Philips Hue lamps
- Placement of an additional light switch anywhere in the house without the need for cabling
- Requires Philips Hue Bridge v2 (square design) and Philips Hue app (v3.2 or higher)
- Calling up individual lighting scenes
- Control of max. 50 illuminants/25 Friends of Hue switches
- Maximum safety of function by means of Zigbee-Mesh technology
- Batteryless technology
- Zigbee green power, radio frequency 2.4 GHz; can be used worldwide
- Available in the switch ranges carat®, Busch-dynasty®, pur stainless steel, solo®, Busch-axcent® and future® linear.
Busch-Jaeger and Signify
Busch-Jaeger and Signify (formerly Philips Lighting) have a common vision – the fully networked smart home, in which lighting can be controlled by remote access. For this reason, Busch-Jaeger, the technology leader of the smart home sector, is one of the first German manufacturers to enter into a partnership with Signify. The objective of the “Friends of Hue” partner programme is to encourage companies to develop devices, applications and systems that interact with the leading smart lighting system Philips Hue. This includes many market-leading technology leaders such as Amazon, Apple and Google
The smart light switch
The smart Friends of Hue light switches from Busch-Jaeger are seamlessly integrated into the Philips Hue lighting system using the Hue bridge. Users can set up their switches in the Philips Hue app and then control the lighting according to their individual wishes and the corresponding environment.
Friends of Hue switches can switch lights on and off, dim lamps and recall stored lighting presets. An energy-harvesting module that has been especially developed for “Friends of Hue” is used in the carat®, solo®, Busch-axcent® and future® linear switch ranges.
The world's leading lighting system
Philips Hue is the worldwide leading networked lighting system for private residences. It includes lamps, light strips, spotlights, luminaires and controllers. With this system, light in the home and garden can be transformed into an exceptional experience. Light can be used in a completely new way to stimulate the senses, create a certain ambience or even give residents a feeling of security when leaving their homes empty to go on holiday.